March 19, 2014

Adelyn 6 months

Adelyn is half a year old! It is amazing how half a year can fly by so quickly! It's hard to believe that she will be a year old in another 6 months. Mark and I were talking about her and wondering what it will be like when she is a year old. We wondered if she will be crawling or walking or talking or anything. It is very exciting.

Her six month check up isn't  for another 2 1/2 weeks so I will give you my guesses. I recently measured her height and she is about 25.5 inches long. (since birth she has grown 6 1/2 inches!) I think she weighs right around 16 pounds. She is still fitting into her 3-6 months clothes just fine. She is getting a little long for some of her jammies though!

She rolled over twice this month... that's it. I'm starting to think this little stinker is not interested in rolling and will go straight to crawling. She is VERY interested in sitting up. She does this funny baby crunch whenever I lay her down. She puts her legs straight out and tucks her chin to her chest to look up. It's actually really funny to watch.

Here she is with her cousin doing her baby crunch

She is starting to sit up independently. She does  pretty good job but when she gets too excited she topples over. I have been surprised by how okay she has been with the toppling over part!

She is sleeping 10-12 hours a night and will sometimes wake up for a feeding between 3 and 5 but always goes back to sleep. It has been a blessing for sure! On a good day she will take three 2-hour naps. Her naps depend on what is happening. On days she is at daycare she will cat nap. She is still adjusting to the atmosphere. She has slept well there a couple times so I know it is possible! She will usually take a long nap in the afternoon. She falls asleep in the car on my way home from work most days. She used to cry and then fall asleep but lately she has been kind of singing herself to sleep. It's really cute! I will hear her singing and then nothing and I look back and she is out. She likes to hold something when she falls asleep like a toy or the car seat strap. Like this. 

I can't believe it's been half a year! I love this little girl more than I will every be capable of expressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment