July 9, 2011

Disappointment

I've been feeling disappointed lately. Mostly directed at friends. I know it's not a feeling I should have. I'm really not thinking I'm better than other people. It's just that some people make me really sad.

Like when I friend decides to walk away from everything she knows it right. She turns her back on what she KNOWS will make her happy. She turns from people that she knows will lift her up. Without turning back... just for a few cheap thrills. How very sad.

Or when a friend completely forgets about you. More sad for me in that case.

Or when a friends says something that they know will hurt your feelings. It makes you rethink the word friend.


I try to be nothing but a friend to people that do things like this. Usually my efforts don't have an effect. I am most worried about the first friend. How do you help someone who is completely convinced that the absolute wrong thing isn't that bad. Talk about lulling and pacifying someone into submission.

I also have a bad habit of losing my temper when someone is so far gone. I get angry and ask over and over again "how can you not see what you've done to yourself" I also go for a low blow because it usually gets a reaction or something clicks. I'm trying to not do that this time.

As my mother has always told me. Just be their friend and sooner or later they will come around.


P.S. Sorry for the crypticness of this blog. The names and situations are protected to protect others :)

No comments:

Post a Comment