It's been a while. Here's a list of things that I could probably do individual posts about but I'm not going to.
-I signed my teaching contract last week. It's official. I am a teacher. With a salary and insurance and all that grown up stuff. eek
-I took a test a few weeks ago for teaching and I'm pretty sure I failed it. It was on General Science. There was a lot of guessing and "that sounds kind of right". I went home and looked up some of the questions I remembered. Yeah.. failed. I couldn't even remember the line of the planets.
-So I am going to take a test in late July about Social Studies instead. Long story short I have to take a test to be designated as a Highly Qualified Teacher in my subject. There is no Family and Consumer Science Test so my choices are Social studies or Science. Both are closely related to what I will be teaching but not really. So I should be studying right now...
-I am going to Seattle on Thursday and I CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER. Mark came home today and said he didn't want to work anymore this week and I almost convinced him into changing our tickets to leave earlier. He had to be level-headed....
- With school out and school not starting and my classroom being available yet I basically do nothing all day long. Except play Lego Harry Potter.
-I've inherited my mom's habit of getting really into a game and then accidentally letting a swear slip out... whoops
-21 of my friends are pregnant. CRAZY. I need to make a list of who's having a boy and who's having a girl. And remember who's keeping to on the down low.
-I'm getting my eye brows waxed in an hour. I can't wait. No more mountain woman.
-I love hiking. It is so great to be outside and active.
-I am done with extreme daylight. Whenever people from out of state talk about Alaska they say "That would be so fun!" "It would be cool to see it!" "I'd love it!" I was one of you poor schmucks a couple months ago. Now that I live in it I can't stand it. Try sleeping with light blazing through every crack in of the curtains. I can't do that! Try unwinding to go to sleep when it looks like the blasted afternoon at 9PM. I have not seen the moon or stars in 3 months. I'm starting to forget what it looks like. Do they really exist? DO THEY? People keep saying "You'll be singing a different tune come winter and you'll want this back!" (In their snotty know-it-all voice) Yes, I probably will be singing another tune. But it will be "WHY DO PEOPLE LIVE HERE?" I like normal days. The sun rises in the morning and it gets light and then it sets in the evening and it actually gets dark. The only perk to it being light out is that we can go on late walks and not be scared of being attacked because we can see everything. When you go downtown it also looks like people are getting drunk at 10AM when it is really 7PM. I'm done.
- Mark and I are trying to be healthy. My lack of nothing to do is causing an internal conflict of me wanting to bake vs. being healthy. I want to bake but Mark and I can't eat 4 dozen cookies. I need someone to bake for. Any takers?
- So You Think You Can Dance is finally on and it feels like summer. I love Miranda and Marco. This season is really good. It's anyone's game they are all so great. LOVE IT
- I can't wait to play with Paisley and Delaynie. I need some niece time right now.
-I've read 5 books in the last month. Woo! I recommend Water for Elephants. It gets a bit raunchy at times but all in all I very good read. I'm trying to drag Mark to the cheap theater to watch it with me.
- That's all for now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment