May 21, 2011

Day 60: A picture of something you're excited about

Having babies

I've seen a few friends do this (not have babies... I've seen a lot of friends have babies.. but do this style of post) and I really enjoyed reading it. So I'm stealing your idea from you friends! Thanks :)

Dear future children,

My babies. I can't wait to meet you. I think about you every single day. You daddy and I aren't ready to have you yet. We are trying to build a life that you can come into where we can give you what you need and want. We love you so much that we are waiting. Even though Mommy is having a really hard time waiting. Daddy says we need to be ready. I hate to admit it but Daddy is usually right about these things. We are building a life for you and we are growing closer together every day. We want to be the best parents for you. But I still dream about you every day.

I wonder if we will have all girls or all boys or a mix.. I know I will love you no matter what. I mean that. I just want to meet you.

I wonder what color eyes you will have. Will they be blue like daddy's or Grammy's? Will they be green like Mommy? Or maybe brown like Papa's? I can't wait until I can look into your eyes and know you're mine.

I wonder if your hair will be curly like your cousin Paisley's or stick strait like your aunts.

I wonder if you will love music like your Daddy and I do. I promise to introduce you to some pretty awesome stuff. I already have two CD's called "Rockabye Baby" the artist makes current songs in lullaby music. Prepare to fall asleep to the Beatles and Coldplay a la lullaby style. I can't wait to teach you music from the Primary songbook. They are so fun.

I will apologize is advance about your feet. Looking at me and daddy's feet... I'm not sure how cute yours will be.

You're coming into one of the most loving families in the world. Grammy and Papa love to have their grandkids over. Grammy has lots of toys and games for you to play with. Papa will love to snuggle and watch movies with you. Your aunts and uncles will love you so much too. I can't wait for you to meet them.

I can't wait for you to meet your cousins. They will love you. You will love them. Paisley and Delaynie will be great little examples for you to look up to. I'm sure you'll have some more by the time you get here.

I wonder if you will be kind and loving like Daddy. Will you love the outdoors like him? Will you love rock climbing and hiking and cliff jumping? Will you be loyal like Daddy is? He wants what's best for you. He always tells me that the only thing he's ever wanted to be in his life is a good husband and a good Dad.

All I've ever wanted to be is a mommy. I want to carry you in my tummy and feel you grow. I want to take care of you. I want to be the best mommy I can be. Right now I have a goal that I have to be at a certain health before I can even think about bringing you into the world. I need you to have the best place to start your life. I promise that I will do everything I can to make my body a good place for you to grow.

I can't wait to see your sweet face and kiss you and tell you how long I've been waiting to meet you. I know you're worth the wait.

It might be hard and sometimes I imagine that you're impatient to come. Just like I'm impatient to get you here. But we need to wait a little bit. I know you're in good hands. I know you're safe and loved and excited to come. Whenever I go to the temple I think about you. One time I went and I felt like you were thinking about me too.

Until we finally meet just know that I love you so very much. More than words can explain. We will see you soon. I am very excited to meet you.

Love,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment