I think this will be the last of my weekly updates. We will go to monthly and special posts from now on!
I can't help myself from taking pictures of Adelyn while she is sleeping. I imagine that I will find her sleeping like this when she is older too and I will show her these pictures.
My view during General Conference. It was lovely to sit and listen to the prophet and have my sleeping baby next to us.
Adelyn has really started to look around. She is starting to move her head as well.
I'm starting to think about putting Adelyn in 0-3 months clothing. She has been in newborn for the last 3 weeks. I needed to have her wear as many of her newborn stuff as she can before we put it away. It makes me a little sad because I love these clothes! It's weird to feel sad that she is getting bigger but it is just going by so fast! I found this outfit in my 0-3 month pile and it's actually newborn! I'm glad I found it while it still fits her. I think it's adorable!
I am very fortunate to have insurance that offers a free breast pump. When I was still in the hospital we discussed pumps with the lactation consultant. She let us know that if we get a breast pump from Nurturing Expression it is free and if we go and pick it up we won't have to pay for them to deliver it. So we packed up Adelyn and headed to West Seattle. We got our pump and decide to go for a walk on Alki. It was FREEZING! I didn't realize it was going to be so cold. Adelyn was bundled up in the stroller but both Mark and I forgot our coats! (I think we are both still feeling like it's summer...) So our walk lasted about 7 minutes. I wanted to take Adelyn's first picture with the Seattle skyline.
There is something about a baby in a cardigan and gray sweatpants that I love!
Adelyn has started to look at faces. No smiles yet but she will look and that's exciting!
One afternoon this week Shannon asked me to watch Delaynie. Delaynie and I played a little and then Adelyn was hungry so I nursed while Delaynie watched her new favorite show Paw Patrol. I started a second episode and a few minutes into it I look over and Delaynie is passed out! I was one lucky girl to have both kids asleep!
Adelyn is getting really good at falling asleep places other than home. It's nice and I know it will be good when she starts daycare.
Those hands!
Grammy, Delaynie, and I went to the mall. Delaynie's high heels were getting too small so Grammy was going to get her some Twinkle Toes at Nordstrom. While they were trying on shoes I looked in the baby section. I found this headband.... it's ridiculous. Mark and I had this discussion days after finding out we were having a girl. Flowers on headbands should not be larger than your baby's head! I know it's a trend in places like Utah and some people think it's cute. But I think it looks ridiculous. I had to take this picture to show Mark. It's crazy!
That afternoon we went to our friend's house who has some animals that Paisley and Delaynie can play with. They have chickens, dogs and a mini-horse! So here is Adelyn with some chickens.
We stayed over at Grammy and Papa's house because Mark was going on a campout with his scouts. Saturday morning we woke up and Papa and I watched Pitch Perfect and Adelyn slept. Part-way through the movie she put her hands like this. Maybe she was dreaming of dancing.
I am so happy Adelyn will have cousins close in age. I can't wait for her and Eli to grow up together! I also love to take pictures of them together! Eli grabbed Adelyn's hand and held it against him. He was so sweet!













No comments:
Post a Comment