

One of my favorite memories is of Christmas. I know, I know, SUPER CLICHE but as I've grown up I've realized that the holidays might be the only time I get to see my family, or ALL of my family. When I was this age I assumed that we would ALWAYS be together for Christmas. But I soon learned that this was not the case.
I love Christmas. I love the spirit of Christmas and the focus on Christ. I love that for me it also means family and showing each other the love we have for each other.
I am a kind of a stickler when it comes to tradition. It can annoy those around me and it even annoys me sometimes. Growing up, Christmas was all about tradition. One of my favorite traditions was getting pajamas on Christmas Eve. My mom always told us that they "might" not be pj's but they always were and we loved them. Then my mom would make us take a picture in front of the tree sporting our new jammies. We made it fun as we got older...
At home in Kent we don't have any relatives that live near by but we do have a pseudo family, the Hillyards. I have enjoyed spending our major holidays with them. It's always a blast.
I love Christmas morning. When we were younger my sisters and I would gather in the hallway right outside our rooms and play games or talk or read. One year we all slept in the same bed. I think Jordan ended up sleeping on the floor and someone else went to their own bed. But it was fun. Anyway, Christmas morning. When my parents give us the okay we would go downstairs to the family room and our stockings would be chuck full. Santa knew the way to my heart with reeses and target giftcards :) Then we would open presents, one at a time. Some Christmases it took six or seven hours but it was so great to spend all that time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment