March 28, 2011

Day 7- A picture of your most treasured item


My Kitchen Aid
My very favorite wedding gift from my wonderful husband. This item has been on the top of my wish list since I was 17. It is a big ticket item and I knew I didn't want the customary black, white, red, or industrial colored ones. I stewed between green and teal for about two years. I was sitting in my interior design class in my senior year of college, we were talking about color schemes and color moods. We were discussing colors that would be good in kitchens. My professor showed us a picture of a kitchen that was decorated in shades of teal. I stared at the picture quizzically because something just didn't seem right. She thought most of us would feel that way and that there was a reason for it. When our brain sees blue, related to food, we think "RUN, THAT'S NOT SAFE!". There are some shades of blue that your brain is okay with (i.e. blue gatorade colors) but for the most part it is a big no, no. For that reason the color blue often tends to make you LOSE your appetite. My decision was made right then and there.

I love the green of my Kitchen Aid. I love how it quickly whips and stirs my confections. I was finishing up a batch of cookies for Mark's co-workers one day and I was meticulously cleaning my Kitchen Aid. Mark came up to me and said "If you loved this apartment as much as you loved that Kitchen Aid it would be immaculate" He immediately got a swat on the bum with an oven mitt.
I do love my Kitchen Aid. And when the day comes that we get to move back to Washington, my little baby will be tucked in blankets in the back seat, possibly buckled.

No comments:

Post a Comment