
The internets
One day the following conversation occurred between my mom and I. And by one day I mean about six months ago....
Kellie: Mom, how did you find out how to get somewhere before the googlemaps and Gps
Mom: A map...
Kellie: So... you would just look at a map...
Mom: Yes. You would find the place you were starting and the place you were ending and then map out the roads you would take to get there.
Kellie: And you had no idea how long it would take you to get there?
Mom: Well you could estimate it.
Kellie: Didn't that take a really long time to map everything out?
Mom: It took some time but after you get to know the streets you would get the hang of where things were and how to get there.
Kellie: Huh.... I still don't get it. How did you fly somewhere without the internet?
Mom: ... oh my land Kellie. You would call the airline or travel agent.
Kellie: What's a travel agent? JUST KIDDING!
Yeah I seriously don't understand how anything was done without the internet. How did people check their bank accounts? How did they book travel? How did they find recipes for dinner? How did they communicate with people in other states? How did they answer any and every question that popped into their head? How would I prove people wrong about everything they say??? (Mark and I just had an argument about "pastimes" vs. "pass times", I won thanks to the internet) I would love to lie and say I could function without the internet. But I won't. I could not function without it. Thank you internet machine. I love you (yes I love technology.... but not as much as you, you see!)
No comments:
Post a Comment