May 13, 2011

Day 52- A picture of your favorite sport


ZUMBA

Some may say it's not a "sport" but just come to one hour and I bet you're sweating just as much as you would in basketball. It's super fun and flirty and you don't even feel like you're working out. I got to take it as a class from one of my previous housemates, Rylee Rice and it was so fun! She used a lot of top 40 music and the class went by so fast. I went a few times at 24 hour fitness and it was really fun. There is one instructor there that uses a lot of Latin music and I didn't enjoy it as much. But still a great work out!

There is a huge difference between playing sports and watching sports. I'm not much of a competitor and I haven't played a lot of sports. I played soccer from K-6th. I played Parks and Rec basketball a few years and played in 8th grade. I quickly learned I am never going to grow taller than 5'3 and the court is not my place. I was a cheerleader my freshman year and I danced my sophomore year. I wanted to try out for soccer in high school but I broke my foot the week before try outs. In college I played volleyball on the intramural team but remembered how much I suck. I danced my sophomore year on Central's dance company but had a lot of muscle/nerve issues. I'm glad I didn't go back. The director and I didn't get along and she told me I needed to lose weight and that I had a hideous sway back that I should really "work on". pah! So I'm just sticking to the purely recreational side of things.

I enjoy watching most sports for a short period of time. Baseball is probably my fav to watch. All those kingdom visits really made me love it. We used to go with family friends and we would all bring our baseball mitts just in case a fly ball went all the way up to the 300's. Surprisingly never happened. I really enjoyed Safeco once it was built. For some reason it was way more fun to walk around when I was a teenager... I think I know why. I haven't gone to a sports event in quite a while. I think the last one was to see the Thunderbird's play. Hockey is quite fun to watch especially when there are fist fights.


Who knew I would write such a long post about sports...

No comments:

Post a Comment