April 2, 2011

Day 12- A picture of something you love




My nieces
Paisley- 2 years old
Delaynie- 11 months (she turns one on the 14th!)
I don't know if it is normal to love your nieces as much as I love mine. I have literally thought "I hope I love my children as much as I love Paisley and Delaynie"

When I saw Paisley for the first time I fell in love. I stayed with Shannon through her entire labor and held her leg when she pushed. Shannon ended up having to have a C-section so only Jer and my mom were in the room. When they brought Paisley in I felt my heart swell. I had no idea I could love someone like that. I wanted to hold her and tell her I loved her and care for her and to be friends with her.

After Paisley was born my relationship with my sister changed (but that is for another post); I wanted to hang out with her all the time. Not just because she had an adorable daughter, but because of who she was now that she was a mom. I have to thank Paisley for that.

I love watching Paisley grow. It's so fun to see her do all of her new tricks. She always makes me smile and laugh. I love that she calls me "lell-ee" and that she jumps up and down when I come over. I love that she wants to sit in my lap when we watch movies. I love when she braids my hair and tell me that I have "Grupunzel hair". I love when she giggles when I blow on her tummy. I love her pigtails. I LOVE HER.

When Shannon found out she was pregnant I was honestly a little worried. I was worried that I wouldn't love this new baby as much as Paisley. I know that is a silly thought but I really had that concern. Before Delaynie was born she had some heart issues. Shannon had to go into the hospital a lot to be sure Delaynie was healthy (and wouldn't deliver too early). I remember one day my mom called me because Shannon was admitted to the hospital and had to stay for at least two days. My mom was stressed because she wasn't sure who would take care of Paisley with everyone still needing to work. Without hesitation I told her I would be there. I talked to one professor and explained the situation and she told me to go. I got in my car a half hour later and drove from Ellensburg to Kent. I got to spend a long weekend home and got to hang out with Miss Pais the entire time. I was worried about baby d though.

A few weeks later when Delaynie's lungs were strong enough she was delivered. I had a test that I had to take so I had to wait to see her until the weekend. Delaynie was in the NICU for a couple days. I came to the hospital and saw Shannon, who was still in the hospital as well. Paisley was there and was sick with a cold. We walked over to the NICU and Paisley had to stay with my mom. Paisley stood at the doors screaming "I WANT TO SEE MY SISSY!!!" It made me choke up watching her love for her sister. I got to hold her for the first time. She had so many tubes coming out of her. She is a little fighter and she came home a week after she was born.

After seeing Delaynie I found that I love her just as much as I love Paisley. I love her dimples. I love the way she bounces when she's excited. I love her open mouth kisses on my cheek. I love that she loves Paisley and watches her all the time. I love how she smiles when I play with her. I love how she put her fingers in my mouth when she is tired.

I love my nieces.

I love being an aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment