April 4, 2011

Day 14- A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without



My Mama

I would literally not be alive with out this woman. She is the one who gave me life, took care of me, raised me, provided for me, and loves me.

I love my mom. She is the one person in the world who I know will love me no matter what. I've witnessed it first hand!

What I admire most about my mom is how hard she works. She is a labor and delivery nurse and she works hard. When I was little my mom worked night shifts. I know she did this so that she could spend time with us when we were awake. She slept when we were at school. If my sisters and I ever missed the bus we played rock, paper, scissors to see who had to wake up mom to tell her. Whoever it was knew they needed to get a coke, tip toe to her bedside and in the sweetest voice possible say "Mommy?...... I brought you a coke..... and I love you.... and we missed the bus...." Sometimes that went great and other times it was a battle... But I know she worked hard all those years and wanted to be home with us. She raised us all so well.

When I was a teenage my mom and I didn't see eye-to-eye. I know! A teenager who doesn't get along with her mother? What are the odds of that? Whenever my mom would have a talk with me I would roll my eyes and get mad and talk back but about two minutes after our conversation I knew she was right. Of course I didn't tell her that, because then she would win.

I didn't realize how much I love being around my mom until I left for my first year of college. It was so strange being on my own; not having to ask to go somewhere, having to take care of myself completely. I liked it but I missed my mom. I can't tell you the number of times I called home begging my mom to let me come home. I needed to be around her. Once again she was right and she made me stay. I grew a lot that year.

I can't imagine not talking to my my mom. I talk to her at least every other day. I have a cool mom. She is fun to be around. She likes to go do fun things. She listens to the kind of music I like. She likes to go shopping. She loves movies. She loves Disney. She loves vacationing. I really lucked out with her. My mom can always make me laugh. She says the most ridiculous things! I love it! If our life was a reality tv show, she would definitely be everyone's favorite to watch.

Most of all, I love how much my mom loves me. I love that I can always talk to her. I love that she is always there for me. I love that she will stand up for me. I love that she will always love me, forever and ever.

Some of my favorite mom quotes:

(After opening her hp mini at Christmas) "You got me an internet machine?!?!?!?"

"Ima gonna hit you in the head with the REmote CONtrol... and that will be number four!!"

"Nothing is better than a pancake and a coke"

"Where did all of this shiz come from?"

"What the H?"

"Twisted Sista!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment