April 18, 2011

Day 27- A picture of yourself and a family member

My dad

We had some fun during the summer of 2007 by doing my dad's hair in funky styles. We also taught him to be a rocker.

In my family I have been described as "Dad's favorite". My dad and I have a special relationship. I know that he loves us all just as much as the other. But we have a unique relationship. It is very hard to describe. And like everyone says, "bless his heart", he is the father of four girls.

There are a few experience's I've had with my dad that I will never forget. When I was 12 or 13 I had my first heartbreak over a boy. My dad came up to my room where I was crying and told me that no guy can ever make me cry. It is my choice. I can move on and forget about him. He told me that he wasn't worth it. I wiped my eyes and got out of bed and did just what he said, moved on.

When I was 16 I got into a car accident. I was going to see a few friends of mine perform a song at a different ward. I got in the storm, put the Moulin Rouge CD into the CD player, and turned it to Elephant love song. As I was turning left out of my neighborhood the CD player fell to the passenger side of the car and started skipping really bad. I reached over to get it and as I was reaching, I accidentally moved my left hand with my reaching body and turned the car into a ditch. I sat up and saw a mailbox going over the car. I then saw my car heading straight for a telephone pole... and that's when I blacked out. I came to screaming. The only thing I could think about was those drunk driving pictures they show in health class. I couldn't feel my face. I honestly thought my face had been ripped off. I thought about looking in the mirror to see if I still had a face but I couldn't get my body to move. I just kept screaming. I had stopped right in front of a welding shop. These two men ran out of the welding shop and were yelling something at me in Spanish. My screaming turned to crying as everything started to set in. They motioned for me to open my door but the door would not open. The front end had been bent in a way that broke it somehow. They then motioned for me to climb out of the passenger seat door. That was jammed as well. So I rolled down the window and they pulled me out. I saw the car and I thought "my mom is going to kill me" The sting of shock began taking over my body. At that moment a woman ran from a house across the street and said she called 9-1-1. She looked at me with concern. I still wasn't sure what had happened to me. The next moment the Wareham's pulled up on their way to chuch. Jill ran out of the car and grabbed me. I fell apart in her arms. I just started bawling and mumbling, my mom is going to hate me. She comforted me and told me everything was alright. Mark got back in his car and drove to my house to get my dad. A few seconds later they were there and my dad grabbed me. A few seconds later a fire truck pulled up. The firemen started checking me and I collapsed. They put me on a backboard and a neck brace and were saying something about a slipped vertebrae. My dad ran down the road and got one of the Tyler boys... I want to say it was either Jonathan or Ryan and they gave me a priesthood blessing before I was loaded into the ambulance. My sister came up to me and just looked at me. I still didn't know what was wrong. Kami started crying and lighty touched my chest, she asked if that was from the seat belt, I asked her what was wrong with me. She told me she thinks the seatbelt cut me and there are burns on my arm. We got in the ambulance and after a short drive I was wheeled into ER and hooked up to IV and morphine drip. Before the morphine set in my dad came in the room. I was still strapped down to the backboard and in a neckbrace. He leaned over me said that he was so happy that I was okay. I started crying and said I was so sorry about the car. I kept saying I was sorry. He started crying and said "the car can be replaced, but you can not. And that is all that matters." He sat down as we waited for the doctor to come. I asked him if he could wipe my face. I couldn't move my entire body and my tears were started to pool in my ears. I watched his face as he did so and his bottom lip was trembling the entire time. I felt so much love from my dad in that moment. (long story short, I was fine, couple of burns and scrapes and 6 months of physical therapy)

The last experience I want to mention was at our father-daughter dance at my wedding. My dad's bottom lip started trembling again as we told me that he hopes my wedding was everything I wanted it to be. I told him it was, and I really meant it. My parents provided me with so much and they gave me my dream wedding.

I know my dad loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment