April 22, 2011

Day 31- A picture of a tradition you have



4th of July Sparklers

I love the 4th of July. Everyone takes the day off. There are fireworks. There is amazing food. And it usually involves a lake. In the past few years it has been a lake in Lacey. My family's best friends, the Hillyards, have a lakehouse in Lacey. It is gorgeous. They have everything you could dream of for a magical summer day. Both the pictures above are taken at the Lakehouse. There are amazing fireworks and plenty of swimming and game playing and love.

Ever since I can remember, I've had a sparkler in my hand at some point in time on every 4th of July. My sisters and I used to write our names on the cement with them. Lately we have been trying to spell things in the air while taking pictures. I love it.

I keep thinking about sparklers and the 4th of July because Mark and I are going to go home to Washington for that wonderful holiday. And you better bet your bottom dollar that I will have a sparkler in my hand. I can't wait to see my parents, my sister, my nieces, my Hillyards, and my home of Washington state. I miss that green mossy rainy evergreen state. Countdown: 67 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment