April 14, 2011

Day 24- A picture of something you wish you could change




For the most part, I am pretty happy with where I am in my life and where I have been in the past. I have overcome a lot and I have grown from it. There are things I wish I could change but I am okay with them staying how they are.

The one thing that I wish I could change, that I think about a lot, is where Mark and I live. I don't want to upset Mark or make him think that I am miserable, because I am not. I love being married to him and living with him. I just miss my family.

If I could choose any where to live it would be anywhere in a 50-mile radius of my parent's house. Anchorage, Alaska is really, really far away. Airline flights are not cheap.. Driving is practically impossible.

I can not express how much I miss visiting my parent's house. The familiar beep of the alarm system when a door opens. The fat cat, Ebenezer, lying on the stairs. Everyone sitting around the dining room table chatting. My mom's hugs. My dad's laugh. Shannon making me laugh. Jer's brother-in-law hugs. Paisley yelling "Lellie!" and "You want to play Wii Party?" Delaynie's babbling and dimples. I miss the drive through the neighborhood to my house. I miss seeing Mt. Rainier every day (or when it's sunny). I miss the rain. I miss the rain so much.

I can't wait to go home in July. Mark and I are so excited to spend time with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment